485 Graduate Visa/Work Visa
This visa is designed for international students who have recently completed their 2 years of study in Australia.
This is a temporary visa which lets you live, work and study in Australia up to 18 months to 4 years depends on the stream you applied.
You must fulfil following eligibility conditions:
- Age: The primary applicant must be younger than 50 years.
- English: You must have overall 6 not less than 5 in each module in IELTS, PTE, TOEFL or CAMBRIDGE in 3 years prior to apply.
- Study: You must apply within 6 months after completion of your last study.
- Visa: You must hold one of the following visa:
- You currently hold a student visa
- You currently hold substantive visa (bridging visa A or B) and you have held student visa in the last six months.
- Health and Character requirements: You must meet Health and have applied for AFP before applying your application.
- Health Insurance: You must have valid health insurance in Australia while you apply.
This visa has two streams
Post- study work stream
This visa is valid for 2 years to 4 years depends on the qualification you have recently completed in Australia.
- 2 Years: If you have completed Bachelor Degree, Bachelor Degree with Honors or Masters by Coursework Degree or Masters (extended) Degree.
- 3 Years: If you have completed Masters by Research Degree.
- 4 Years: If you have completed Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.)
For international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.
- you applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011
- you hold an eligible qualification
- your qualification was conferred or awarded by an Australian university or non-university education provider that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and that provider offers courses at degree level and above
- your study for the qualification(s) satisfied the Australian study requirement in the past six months.
Only certain degree level qualifications undertaken at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 7 or above (Bachelor degree level or above), which leads to the conferral of an eligible degree level qualification, may be considered towards meeting the Australian study requirement.
This means that degree level courses which are packaged with a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma course may be considered, provided they ultimately complete an eligible qualification.
All courses used to satisfy the Australian study requirement must have been undertaken at an eligible Australian university or any other education provider accredited to offer degree level programs.
Graduate work stream
This visa is valid for 18 months. You can apply for this visa:
- If you have completed any trade qualification in Australia and Your occupation is on MLTSSL list,
- You have completed Bachelors or Master’s degree but your 1st student visa was granted before 05th November 2011.
If you are recently graduated with skills qualification and occupation is on MLTSSL list, you can get 18 months visa.
- Your nominated occupation must be on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- You have completed 2 years eligible Australian Qualification.
- You have applied for your skills assessment in the nominated occupation or you have received a positive outcome by a relevant assessing authority.
- Applicant met the Australian study requirement in the last six months.
- You must meet Health and have applied for AFP before applying your application.
All of the qualifications (degree, diploma or vocational qualifications) used to meet the Australian study requirement must be closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
For the purposes of applying for a subclass 485 under the Graduate Work stream, the course/courses must have resulted in a degree, diploma or trade qualification. For example, a student may complete two consecutive Diploma level courses and satisfy the Australian study requirement under the Graduate Work stream, provided the other components of the requirement are satisfied.
The qualification(s) completed must be closely related to the student’s nominated skilled occupation. For your qualification to be considered to be closely related to your nominated occupation, the skills underpinning the qualification must be directly transferable to that occupation. This applies to both the subject matter and the level of the qualification.
It is the heartbeat of the visa; you must have positive skills assessment in your nominated skilled occupation prior to lodging your visa. If you don’t have your skills assessment and your visa is expiring soon you can contact us for more information.
There is wide range of assessing Authorities but the most commonly used are:
- Trades Recognition of Australia (TRA)
If you need more information, we are just one click away from you.
Our team of experts is ready to assist you in applying visa application.
For further information, click here.